As you work to establish your retail store, you’ll need to put in place the proper types of commercial insurance to minimize potential financial risks and losses. At Carminucci Agency in Croton Falls, NY, we work closely with our clients to create an individualized policy that addresses your specific needs.
Common Types of Commercial Insurance for Retail Stores
The following are some of the most important types of commercial insurance for retailers in Croton Falls, NY.
- Liability insurance: General liability insurance may offer protection if an individual falls or is otherwise hurt on your property or due to your product.
- Commercial property: This type of insurance protects the building from accidental and unpredictable losses, such as fire, theft, and vandalism. You should have property insurance if you own or lease your space.
- Business interruption insurance: If your retail location cannot operate due to a covered event, you may want to have this type of insurance to help cover the costs associated with moving your business until repairs can occur.
- Commercial umbrella insurance: This type of insurance extends the amount of liability insurance you have, helping to cover your costs further.
- Workers’ compensation insurance: If you are a business owner with employees, you may benefit from workers’ compensation insurance to help cover any qualified employee injury or illnesses that occur.
These are some of the types of insurance your retail business may need, but it may not be enough. The types of coverage applicable to your business depend on what you sell, too.
Get a Comprehensive Estimate for the Coverage You Need
Turn to Carminucci Agency in Croton Falls, NY, today to learn more about what we can do for you. Let us create a customized policy to address each of your needs.