Recreational insurance is a type of insurance designed to cover your recreational vehicles. Because these vehicles are used differently, they require a different type of insurance. At Carminucci Agency in Croton Falls, NY, we offer recreational insurance.
What Types of Vehicles are Covered by Recreational Insurance?
Generally speaking, recreational vehicles are covered by recreational policies. If you have a vehicle or "toy" that you enjoy, it’s likely considered a recreational vehicle.
Watercraft are one type of recreational vehicle. These include boats, jet skis, and yachts. Campers, travel trailers, and motor homes also fit into this category. ATVs and snowmobiles are also recreational vehicles.
What Does Recreational Insurance Cover?
Recreational insurance coverage varies based on the policy and type of recreational vehicle. Generally, you can choose liability or full coverage. Liability protects you from damages caused by your car, while full coverage will repair or replace your vehicle if you have an accident.
Do I Need Recreational Insurance?
You may wonder if your recreational vehicle needs its own insurance policy. Generally, the answer is yes.
- If you have a homeowner’s policy, you may have some protection for your boat or ATV. Your personal belongings in your RV may be covered as well. However, this coverage will be limited and unlikely to protect your investment fully.
- If you have a motorcycle, you are legally required to have a motorcycle insurance policy, just as you are required to have a policy for your car.
- Motorhomes must also have their own policy because they are driven on the highway.
- Marinas often require you to have boat insurance.
- If you have a loan on a recreational vehicle, your lender will probably require you to have insurance covering it.
Recreational Insurance at Carminucci Agency
If you need to ensure a recreational vehicle in Croton Falls, NY, contact us at Carminucci Agency. We provide ATVs, watercraft, and more. Speak with one of our friendly agents to learn what we can do for you.