Preparing your boat for a storm is essential for any avid boater, especially here in the Croton Falls, NY area. If you don’t take the time to prepare your vessel, you could end up with severe damage and repairs that could cost thousands. Here are some tips from us at Carminucci Agency to help you get your boat ready for a storm:
- Check all of your lines and mooring cleats. Ensure they are secure and tied off correctly in case of strong winds or large waves.
- Ensure all windows, hatches, and vents are closed, secured, and appropriately caulked to keep water out of the vessel.
- Inspect the hull and deck for any weaknesses or cracks that need to be sealed or repaired before a storm arrives.
- Ensure all necessary supplies, such as extra batteries, fuel, food, water, flashlights, etc., are on board in case of emergency.
- Remove any unnecessary items from the deck to reduce wind resistance during the storm.
- Raise any antennae or mastheads before the storm hits to avoid damaging them if high winds occur.
- Consider relocating your boat away from shallow waters where there is more chance of being damaged by wave action during the storm surge.
- Finally, make sure you have an exit plan ready should you have to leave quickly due to extreme weather conditions.
By taking these steps now, you can rest assured that your boat is adequately prepared for whatever Mother Nature brings! For more tips, call us at Carminucci Agency today. We are proud to serve the Croton Falls, NY area.